Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Up to My Ears....

Work lately has been WHOOOOOOA busy for me......I'm up to my eyeballs. This is a Good Thing. I'd much rather be crazy busy at work than be sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Not only that, the kids have been on vacation from school since Friday for Passover break so Y is here at work with me today and she has been a BIG help - scanning things, copying things, etc. So at least there aren't TWO of us bored here today.

Having Y here with me generally slows me down but I have to say that I have gotten a lot done today after feeling for the last week or so like I was spinning my wheels and so totally overwhelmed that it was hard to focus on any one thing for long.

Y likes to come to work with me because there are a number of restaurants here in the Science Park where I work that the company I work for has an "arrangement" with and that we can eat at. So for Y it's lunch out with Ima (Mommy) time...

I was home on Thursday due to feeling a little under the weather. I used the day to get my postage stamp sized laundry room cleaned out which I'd been dreading. It was long overdue. I threw out tons of junk and mopped the floor in there and now it's really a pleasure to be in there, small as it is.

T is also home from school for a good long while now. It's nice having her home. It's helpful just knowing we can leave the little ones home with her in a pinch if we need to run out or whatever. And she LOVES to cook so when she's home we eat VERY well.

I have recently learned the rudiments of beaded jewelry and found some patterns online so I have been going to town making bracelets and pendants for myself. It's SO much fun and does work out cheaper making these things myself than were I to buy myself a new piece of jewelry but a) I have to find time to work on it when there isn't much time left after the kids go down and b) it is NOT a cheap hobby - although I tell myself that it's cheaper than a therapist. Ha.

Last night DH was out so the kids and I watched 2 episodes of Perfect Strangers - something we all like and can agree on. E willingly got into bed at 9 pm when I told him to then proceeded to pop out 2 or 3 times. I put him straight back in bed and then sat down in the doorway of his room and ignored him. I was watching him out of the corner of my eye. I watched him flop one leg over the side of his bed while looking at me with a cheeky grin like, "Whatcha gonna do about it, huh?" I just gave him a stern look and said "No" very firmly. Then - oooops - the other leg flopped out of the bed and dangled over the side.  And another look of "And whatcha gonna do about THAT, huh?" Just daring me. Checking to see how serious about this going to bed stuff I was. He flipped and flopped in his bed for 20 minutes and finally fell asleep. Whew! Not TOO bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment