Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Amsterdam Pics

I know I owe y'all pics from our recent quick trip to Amsterdam.


The intersection right in front of our hotel. You can see a tram.


Me on a bridge over one of the many canals.

DH and I couldn't stop laughing over this sign we saw in a coffee shop window.
 
Ah yes! The Dutch are famous for their flowers. This was at one of the stalls in the flower market which was a few blocks from the hotel.

An Amaryllis. We bought one of these bulbs and brought it back. I planted it in a pot on our balcony and the thing grew SO FAST and just 2 days ago the first blooms opened. I have never seen such a huge, perfect flower!

Bicycles rule! And if you step into a bike lane, you take your life in your hands!


The first evening we were taken on a guided canal cruise.






Right beside our hotel was this fabulous park. I wish I could have spent more time there but it was massive with even a man-made lake. I miss having that kind of green space to roam in!

DH

More bulbs in the flower market.

The beginning of the flower market.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing photos! Did I mention I'm envious? :o) So happy you could have that getaway!!

    ReplyDelete