Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Healthy Snack

Since I hate to cook nor do I have time to, I am always looking for fast and easy kid-friendly snacks that take as close to ZERO prep time as possible.

Here is one that my Mom used to make for us and that I make for my kids from time to time. I enjoy these just as much as the kids.

2 cans chick peas
soy sauce
sweet paprika

Spread the chick peas one layer thick on a baking sheet. Pour the soy sauce liberally over them (1/3 of the chick peas should be sitting in soy sauce) and sprinkle the paprika over them too (not too much). Bake for approx. 20 minutes in the oven on the lowest setting and stir them/turn them over once or twice during that time. You don't want them to come out crunchy unless you like them that way. You just want to heat them through and give them time to absorb the soy sauce. I also sometimes sprinkle garlic powder over them in addition to the paprika. It's easy, quick, relatively healthy and sugar free.

If anyone else has fast snack ideas that involve little or no prep time and no sugar, I'd be happy to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment