Friday, January 20, 2012

Pre-Shabbat

E doesn't have gan today and it's too wet and cold to go outside to play. Hmmmm. What to do today? Generally, Friday is my chance to go out - with or without E - and do errands, window shop to see what's new in the stores, etc. I usually make a morning of it but it's so cold that it doesn't sound appealing today so I guess I'll just stay home, save the money I'd be sure to spend if I did go out, and concentrate on whipping the house into shape and cooking since tomorrow we're having 2 guests for lunch - our friend Ian and younger daughter, Abby. Ian's wife, Jo, is in the UK visiting her parents.

DH and I went last night and bought the paint for both girls' rooms - robin's egg blue for Y's room and cream for T's room. The painter is due to start painting the rooms on Sunday and I really really hope he will be finished by Thursday since Thursday night is E's party and I really would prefer that the house be put back together by then.

On Sunday, the library in Beit Shemesh where my Mom volunteers is having the mother of all book sales so I'm going sans kids. All books are 5 NIS (~$1.25).

That reminds me. I called my Mom yesterday to consult with her about paint color decisions. I caught her just as she was headed out the door. She said, "Can I call you back in a few hours? I'm going out to a protest." Huh? Protest? MY mother? It just struck me as so funny. I don't think my Mom ever publicly protested anything in her life. But there you have it. That's what this country'll do to you. A veritable smorgasbord of things to protest about. Just take your pick.

Shabbat Shalom to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment