Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tigger

Sadly, my decision to adopt a kitten several months ago wasn't the best decision. DH was against the idea but agreed to a trial period of 3 months. Tigger had turned into a BEAUTIFUL, healthy, large male with lots of energy but he tended to be on the aggressive side with the kids and they were often bitten or scratched for no reason. The cat also hated DH and I must say the feeling was mutual. DH did not appreciate the cat jumping on his desk, being anywhere near his computer and sprawling all over the papers on his desk. Just all around, the cat brought an added element of stress into the house and even I, as much as I miss having an animal in the house, had to admit defeat and that adopting him had been wishful thinking.

So on Thursday I posted about the cat to http://www.agora.co.il/. I had a number of inquiries about him quite quickly and then today a young man asked about him and ended up taking him this evening. He's a sweet young single man, post-army so.....early 20s.....who lives in Gan Yavne (20 minutes from us) with his mom. He happens to work down the street from where I work so this evening after work he picked me up and we came home. Just 2 days ago I'd ordered 2 bags of food and a huge 18 kg bag of cat litter which I was happy to give him as well. I let him borrow our cat carrier cage to get Tigger home in and he'll return it tomorrow.

It was a sad decision but I'm very happy to have found a good home with someone nice so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment