Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What to Name a Post?

How come I have such a hard time coming up with a name for each post when they are very often about such everyday, mundane things that are going on with me/us? There isn't often a central subject or theme to them. There's a limit to how many posts you can have entitled "Things". Or "This and That". Which is truely what most of them are about - this and that.

Just sayin'.

Yesterday DH called me at work saying he'd seen someone selling on the Rehovot List a 9 ft. trampoline with safety netting around it for 300 NIS (~$79)!!!!! (These things cost $400-1000 new.) "What a dream for the kids!" DH and I both said. "A trampoline would solve our summer entertainment problems!" DH and I both said. And then we were both confronted with a reality check. No yard to put it in. O HOW I HATE APARTMENT LIVING!

We toyed with the idea of buying it, setting it up in the yard of our building and hoping that it wouldn't get stolen or vandalized and if it did, we wouldn't be out a fortune. I wasn't keen on that idea. Then we toyed with the idea of buying it and optimistically putting it into storage for one day when we do have a yard but between you and me....ain't gonna happen. So why spend the money and use up valuable storage space? In the end, we sadly let the trampoline get away. Very bummed about that.

Last Friday night at the dinner table, T started telling us about the decorating changes that she would like to make to her room, starting with painting, which it does desperately need. I called around, got some quotes and next week we will be having both girls' rooms painted. (Once upon a time I was the family painter but no time or energy any more.) T is definite about the color she wants the walls but I have to choose a color for Y and E's room.

Last night, in order to get some wall color inspiration, the kids and I went to IKEA and we actually walked out of there without buying a thing (except for dinner)! For Y and E's room, I am leaning towards a robin's egg blue or palest aqua. I am very drawn to that color and it's neither too boyish or too girlish. You can also couple it with a variety of nice accent colors such as red, chocolate brown, orange, chartreuse green, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment