Sunday, November 20, 2011

A New Week

We had a very nice Shabbat considering we were pretty much cooped up in the house due to the nasty wonderful rain which basically didn't let up all day. (The country has been drought-ridden for the past 7 years I recently heard, so you can't say anything negative about the rain lest the natives hurt you.)

I sent DH and the kids to shul yesterday but they were back within 3 seconds because it had started to rain. I got everyone changed into rain coats and boots and sent them off again. I took my time getting dressed and ready, including rain boots, and took myself off to shul as well. It was COLD! By the time the service and kiddush (refreshments afterwards) were over, I couldn't even feel my feet. We were home by 11:30. I got E changed into dry clothes and he fell asleep at noon which is NOT like him to nap so early. He napped for 3 hours, I napped for FOUR! Woooohooooo!

DH has booked a two week trip to England with Y in February. I'm staying behind with T and E. I am glad he's going. He needs the break and to see his family (uncle and cousins) even though he won't admit that it's a "need" as much as a "want" for him.

A friend of ours said she had a lot of spare buttons that she'd collected over the years - some had belonged to her grandmother. She said I could have what I wanted so Friday morning I went over to her house and sorted through them and took quite a lot. I came home and made this ring by layering three buttons and gluing them together.


Cute, right? I made another beautiful one also but the pictures I took of it didn't come out very clearly.

And a couple of nights ago I made this necklace entirely out of buttons of varying shade of white, cream and pearl. It took me about an hour. Not the clearest of pictures but you get the idea. It came out SO well. I just love it. It goes with everything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment