Thursday, November 17, 2011

Who Does This Help?

We usually wake up to the 15 minute English news broadcast on the radio at 6:30 am. This morning, Ehud Barak (Defense Minister) was quoted as saying something along the lines of: "If we were Iran, we would also want nuclear weapons." My jaw dropped when I heard that. I mean, WHO on EARTH does a comment like that help? Does it make us feel better somehow? Does it justify the Iranians' nuclear weapons aspirations? Too many people in high positions in this country let whatever they think fall out of their faces far to readily, IMO. I dunno. Is it just me?

We have had 2 days now of black, stormy, rainy, COLD weather which is quite the novelty. Fun to discover a whole new winter wardrobe and pull out the boots, sweaters, scarves, etc. Although I must say that this weather has totally killed my ability to get out with the kids after work and do errands since I have not had the use of the car for two days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment