Thursday, December 29, 2011

Latest Creation

I've mentioned before that I like makeup - especially playing around with eyeshadows. I have quite a few of them which until now were tossed into a basket on the desk in my room where I sit and do my makeup in the mornings. I really couldn't see easily what colors I had, what colors I didn't have, always had to spend time digging for the one I wanted, etc.

Then while browsing on my new favorite web site - http://www.pinterest.com/ - I found a great solution. A magnetic board that is practical AND beautiful. Now that's my kind of project!





There was a picture we had hanging up on the wall over our piano for years that I decided I didn't want any more. I'd already taken the picture down a while back but hadn't gotten rid of it yet. So I took the picture out of the frame. Then I asked DH to find me a place in the industrial zone here that could cut me a piece of thin......what do magnets stick to? steel? Steel, I guess. They cut it to fit the frame. I then covered this piece of metal with a pretty fabric using spray glue and taped it into my frame with wide, heavy tape on the back of the frame. Then I glued small magnets on the backs of all my eyeshadows, my foundation, my blush, etc. and now I have them all out and up where I can see exactly what I have at a glance. Voila!

The whole project cost me (112 NIS = ~$30).

No comments:

Post a Comment