Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Last Few Days.....

Last week at work was horrifically boring. Absolutely NOTHING to do. And I hate that feeling of having to invent things to look busy. I can easily amuse myself all day long every day on the internet but feel guilty doing that when they're paying me.

Anyway.

Since DH and Y have been away, E has been sleeping with me in our bed. I love it but I know as soon as DH gets back (he doesn't love it when the kids sleep with us) I'm going to regret letting E sleep with me and having to retrain him back to his bed. It's just so much easier with him sleeping with me. He wakes up for a drink or whatever and getting him whatever he needs is so much less daunting than having to traipse all the way (Listen to me! I make it sound like I live in an 18,000 sq. ft. mansion!) across the apartment in this cold to get him what he needs or see what's wrong. But whatever.

So Tuesday night I thought he had a fever all night. I could feel his body heat radiating all the way across to my side of the bed. In the morning, his cheeks were bright pink and his eyes didn't look so good but I sent him to gan anyway (bad, bad Ima!). Wishful thinking. Around 13:30 Wednesday afternoon his gannenet (daycare carer) called me and said she thought he had a fever and he wasn't acting like himself. He'd fallen asleep even before noon which isn't like him. I wasn't happy he was sick, poor baby, but I was THRILLED to have a legitimate excuse to leave work. (It's definitely the first time I've had to take time off for a sick kid in the nearly two years since I've been in this job.) Silly, me sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Just dumb. When I'm busy I don't mind but when I'm not.....o man! I dashed to the gan and took him home.

He ended up having a high fever for three days! Apart from taking him to the doctor on Friday and the fastest IKEA run you've ever seen in your life on Thursday, we've been home in our pajamas watching a lot of movies and having a slow-mo Shabbat. I kept giving him Acamol to bring the fever down and when he was under the influence of that he was fine. Jumping around and playing and singing and playing games on the computer, etc. But when the Acamol wore off and the fever came back. O my! Horrible.

Friday night we all went to sleep pretty early. Then at 5:30 am yesterday morning E woke up because his nose was stuffy and he couldn't breathe. I put some salt water drops in his nose and we got up, had some petit ber buscuits dipped in coffee (our Shabbat morning treat). I was up with him until 6:30 then we went back to bed and we both slept until 10:45!!!!! I can't remember the last time that happened. Especially on Shabbat.

The carpet that I had wanted to buy for E's room had been out of stock at IKEA for a while and on Thursday I checked their site again and it said they'd gotten it in. So I grabbed E and we ran to IKEA to pick it up. Got the rug and a new shade for the little lamp in his room too.

The robin's egg blue in the rug exactly matches the new color we recently had the walls painted.

The base of the lamp is a deep, rich blue. Isn't the shade cute?
I had gone a week ago Friday to the bead shop in Rishon and stocked up. I had a bunch of jewelry projects that I wanted to get done while DH and Y were away and thanks to being home with E sick for three days I had even more time than I'd expected to work on my projects. In all I've made a pair of earrings and matching pendant (a gift for someone), a bracelet (also a gift), a necklace and matching earring set for me and last night started another necklace which I should be able to finish within the next day or two.

Here's the pendant. Still need to add the ring at the top and a chain or ribbon to hang it from.

Here's the necklace I made for myself. I'm stuck on this pattern. It's so me! I think this is the 4th necklace using this pattern that I've made and I've got a 5th in the works.


The weather forecast for the weekend was supposed to bring the mother of all storms, with snow in Jerusalem (very rare) all but a surety. No such luck. It didn't rain at all in Rehovot yesterday but today is a COLD, black, wet, wet day! I was reading on one of the English news sites that over Shabbat the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) which has been at record low drought levels for at least 7 years rose by over 4 inches! That is a LOT of water. The snow that has fallen on Mt. Hermon and northern areas will melt and provide even more water. Hurrah! Great news! What a blessing! We're not out of the woods yet as far as our water levels go but we're headed in the right direction. May it only continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment