Monday, February 20, 2012

Misc. Pics 'n Stuff


The battery of my camera, which I've had since we went to Crete almost 4 years ago, stopped holding its charge completely. So, logically, I bought a new battery. As soon as I put the new battery in, my camera went haywire. Won't focus. The lens won't retract when I turn it off. Etc. I took it back to the shop where I'd bought the battery and explained the problem and the owner said the camera has had it. Kaput.  I use my camera SO much! The GOOD news is that the price of cameras has come down and something comparable to the one I have runs 450-590 NIS (~$120-160) and we're talking 14 mega pixels rather than my puny 8 mega pixel one. He also said he would deduct the cost of the new battery from the purchase price of the new camera. Can't ask for more than that. Just have to wait for payday.

DH and Y are coming back from the UK today. I popped DH a text message first thing this morning about the death of my camera and he said they are just about to head out the door for the airport and he will see what he can do about picking up a new camera for me in duty free that is compatible with the new battery I just bought! So....... finger's crossed.

I was thinking that I'd better offload all of the pics from my old camera before it won't let me do even that. And I came across a whole smattering of pictures that I'd forgotten were even on it.

Follows a real mish-mash of stuff that I thought was photo-worthy........


Israeli milk. It's sold in bags. Just another one of "those things" you have to get used to when moving to another country. You put it in one of these milk pitchers, snip the corner of the bag and it pours beautifully. You CAN buy "real" milk i.e. cartons - at nearly twice the price.

T and I were sitting in the bus station in Rehovot not long ago waiting for a bus and we saw this elderly woman walking through the station dragging 12 boxes on "leashes". What are they? Gas masks! We got on the same bus as she did and we heard someone else commenting about how many she had. She said she'd picked them up for her and her family and a neighbor too.

Taken way back during Chanukkah. Some people place the menorah outside their homes or apartment buildings in these glass, aquarium-like boxes because we are supposed to "advertise" the miracle of Chanukkah. I thought it was so pretty sitting outside this apartment building.



Me. On a rare good hair + makeup day. Sorry about the boring background though. Taken at work.

Guess who?

The kidlets in the park next to our building. Doing the "Spider".

Taken last Thursday on my way to IKEA. You can see the rain storm rolling in. Look at those BLACK clouds. O MY!



More black clouds! (In case you're wondering, yes, I did snap this while driving. I know I know. Bad, bad me.)

Here comes the rain. Driving straight into it!

Once we got on the open freeway, it was pelting down. I was creeping along. I could see the white lane markings and tail lights of other cars but not much else. Didn't last long though.



I, inexplicably, woke "too" early this morning at 5:10 am and couldn't go back to sleep. But there are advantages to that. I got to see the sun come up and snapped this through our dining room door that leads out onto our postage-stamp size balcony.

T and I have been shopping for curtains for the 2 windows in her room. We can't find anything ready-made that we like. The styles here! UGH! Vomit! And to have curtains made is for rich people. So I had a brainwave and schlepped T down the block to the remnant fabric store and we both spotted a fabric we loved immediately. I told her I would attempt to make her some simple curtains or die trying. If it works, we've saved a bundle. If not, we won't be out a fortune. This is the fabric we chose. We thought we wanted sheer fabric but surprisingly, this isn't. It's a thicker, stiffer cotton.

My boychik! Happy little face......

No comments:

Post a Comment