Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Up Up and Away

I'm losing 2/5 of my family this evening. I mean, DH and Y are flying to the UK to visit family for nearly 2 weeks. I'm missing Y already and I'm only slightly jealous that I'm not going with them. Until I remember how cold it will be there and then the jealousy vanishes with a "poof!". Better them than me.

I keep reminding myself how nice it will be to have the car to myself, have the bed to myself and not be woken countless times by DH's snoring, to have my evenings foot loose and fancy free after E goes to bed (I wonder what time that will be and if he'll give me problems in that department?). The possibilities are endless!

I definitely hope to get to bed earlier rather than later and catch up on my sleep. I hope to read a lot. I hope to get the house more or less shipshape and, hopefully, without 2 family members around, maybe - just maybe - it will stay shipshape for longer? I hope to spend some time with T shopping for things that she needs for her room to make it look like a room and less like a storage shed. I hope to get some beading done. I hope to get caught up on the ironing.

Also, since DH won't be here to do it, I'll be leaving work earlier for these two weeks in order to pick E up from gan. It will also be a mini-vacation for me to get out of work just a tad earlier and have more of an afternoon/evening to go to my Mom's, go visit friends who aren't local, take E to the park if the weather permits, etc.

I'm usually good - really good - on my own but I'm feeling sort of.......lost......just thinking about them going. And the dark, gray weather outside matches my mood.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, they'll be back before you know and most likely you won't do even 10% of what you had planned by then. :) Enjoy your "time off"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's sort of like maternity leave. You have 10 zillion things planned and maybe 3 of them get done and before you know it it's back to work!

      Delete