Monday, January 24, 2011

Monotony and "Stuckness"

Very excited about my success at posting all those pics yesterday AND the little video clip of E on his birthday toy. Yay me!

Now something I've been struggling with for a good while i.e the monotony of my days and a general feeling that something's missing - just not sure what, exactly. A general feeling of "stuckness". I have this constant feeling that I'm waiting for something really exciting and inspiring and rejuvenating to happen and it rarely does. I want to get up and GO. I want to take voice lessons. I want to read and write. I want to travel. I want to take Flamenco dance lessons. I want a yard to garden in. But there's no money. There's no time. There's no energy. And besides. What would I do with the kids while I do all those things? I can FINALLY say that I like my job a lot (even though I'd far rather be comfortable enough to be home with my kids) and I LOVE being with my kids but the high point of my day is crashing into bed as early as possible. I suppose it's my escape. DH tells me it's like being married to a corpse. (Nice, huh?) I need a change - or changes - and DH isn't seeing it. He's Mr. Anti-Change.

I try and do little things for myself. Find time to read even if it's only .3792 seconds once every three days while I'm on the toilet (and before one of my offspring barges in to ask if they can have candy for dinner) or force myself to work on one of my crafty projects after the kids are in bed and even though I'm dead tired or go out on a Friday morning ALONE and window shop and sit somewhere interesting and people watch while soaking up some sun and while I have a coffee or an ice cream or whatever. These things do pick me up but.......I'm still left feeling, "What? This is IT? It doesn't get any better than THIS?" I feel guilty for having these thoughts and for being ungrateful for what I have but I know I'm not the only woman having them.

What's the answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment