Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Baby is TWO!

E's English birthday - which is what we celebrate - is on Monday. So yesterday afternoon we had a small party for him at home for the Simpson Clan. We blew up some balloons which the kids had fun bashing around the living room and I have an extra large couch seat cushion that we often throw down on the floor for the kids to jump on and roll around on in lieu of a trampoline so I got that out for them. They loved it!

I made so much food! 2 kinds of quiches (corn and onion), tabbouleh salad, coleslaw, cherry tomato and "bulgarit" cheese with olive oil and zaatar salad, three bean salad, egg salad and crackers, cheese platter, green olives and a teddy bear shaped chocolate birthday cake with white frosting and chocolate lentils for the bear's eyes and buttons. Savta I made fried salmon patties. All the food came out AMAZING and it was a very nice, balanced selection - something for everyone.

After the "real" food we had the cake and candles and E opened his gifts. A bath toy from Aunt H, 2 nice sweaters from sister R and a large inflatable bouncy horse for him to ride on.

After everyone left I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. I do NOT enjoy hosting. At all. It's very stressful for me. Probably has something to do with me not liking to cook.....even though I'm not half bad at it. And the fact that certain of the invited guests are very stressful for me to be around. Do you appreciate the understatement here?

Last night after everyone left and we'd cleaned up, our shul put on a comedy evening with musical interludes starring several of the shul's members. We have two members who do amateur stand-up and who perform in J-m as well at a club there. So DH and I went to that since T was home from school to babysit. It was pretty good/amusing.

Joke: Why are Jews not known for being excessive drinkers? Answer: It interferes with their suffering.

HAHAHAHAHA!

On another note, Y has received over the course of numerous birthdays and other occasions pocket money which has gone into an envelope for her in our safe. She has quite a bit saved up and does NOT need any more clothes, books or toys. So DH and I decided that I would take her to see Spirit of the Dance tomorrow night. It's a surprise. Really looking forward to that. When I was pregnant with Y, I took T to see Lord of the Dance (similar thing). It was awesome! Hope tomorrow will be as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment