Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mazal Tov to Us

Mazal tov! We went out last night and bought a new vacuum cleaner to replace the one we had that died on Friday. We bought a good ol' American-style upright one. I'd had the old one for about 12 years. The new one only has a couple of washable filters but NO BAGS that you have to replace. Halleluyah! I have not had a chance to try it out at home yet but for the first time in....like....EVER.....I am looking forward to Passover and the abundance of opportunies for cleaning this will provide me with. Just so I can use my new "toy".

Speaking of new toys, while we were out last night I bought E a new soccer ball. We'd lost all of his other balls. He is CRAZY about balls, anything with wheels, and things that go "BANG!". Such a boy! We've given E a beach ball to throw around in the house. It's great because it won't break anything. He loves to play catch with us in the house. When we go to synagogue on Saturday mornings, the mothers and babies and younger children usually sit outside and socialize/play so I intended E's new ball to be the one we take for him to play with there.

Last night in the appliance store where we bought the vacuum cleaner, E was running loose (BIG mistake) and he ended up running into the back warehouse storage room where all the new fridges in their packaging were all lined up like soldiers in nice neat rows. Nice neat rows that are just PERFECT for a teeny tiny little 2 year old boychik to get lost in. He vanished down one of these rows and round the corner and then for the next 15 minutes I was looking for him in there and trying to catch him. I kept calling him and I could hear him but it was like one big maze and it took me a long time to finally get close enough to grab him. He thought it was hillarious. Me? Mmmm. Not so much.....

Tonight I will not see the kids. DH is picking me up from work and we are going straight to our financial management workshop for an hour and from there to a concert in Jerusalem. DH and I haven't been out without the kids in........I forget how long.

Tomorrow morning from 8 until about 11, the Rehovot municipality is putting on a guided walk-a-thon of sorts. DH and I are planning to do that. There is a short route and a longer route. I would like to do the long route but someone has to be home by 11:30 to collect Y from the school bus when she gets home so we'll see how much we have time for. The weather has turned very warm so should be nice. I will take pics and post them.

We turn our clocks forward tonight. HURRAH! Our Fridays will be longer and therefore less rushed and I will be able to have a life outdoors with the kids every day after work now. If I can take them to the park for longer in the evenings after work, maybe they'll be more tired and bedtimes won't be such a battle, especially with E.

No comments:

Post a Comment