Monday, March 21, 2011

More This and That

It was wonderful to be home yesterday. The holiday went off without a hitch. Not that I was expecting one. Friends and family delivered beautifully wrapped packages of sweets and other goodies throughout the day. I hate to think how many pounds I gained. So much yummy food! Cakes and cookies and chocolates and a variety of other sweets. If I didn't have diabetes before I think I probably do now. Salads it will be for me for lunches for the next few months.

Y dressed up as a fairy.





And E was Winnie the Pooh...


Yesterday we walked to one of Rehovot's main streets to the Purim carnival. It was mobbed and noisy and way too hot for my taste but festive just the same.


I think it was on Thursday that we were in the car and passed this open area full of red poppies. You can almost see them....

I am trying again to figure out what all the Twitter fuss is about. It seems to me simply another forum for going "blahhhhhh" and letting whatever's on your mind fall out of your face in an even more immediate form than FB. Am I wrong? What am I missing? I mean, who can keep up with it all?

Teenagers! My ex and his wife had another baby about 2 weeks ago and this weekend they were giving her a name in the synagogue and T wanted to be there for it. She took the train to her Dad's on Friday saying she'd come back Sunday morning (Purim morning). Fine. At some point on Sunday I get an SMS from her that she'll come back Sunday evening. DH and Y had plans to be in Netanya yesterday morning which is about one train stop from where my ex lives so I thought it would be good if they could coordinate and DH could bring her back seeing as he was going to be close to her. There was a whole big mix up over that and in the end T tells me forget it, she'll take the train home this morning. Now, I'd say morning - in our book - would be up until 10 am or so. I was at work today and I didn't hear and I didn't hear and I didn't hear from her. I finally called her (I HATE having to call her up to find out what's going on or get updates), "Nu, what's going on? What are your plans? You said you'd be here this morning and it's now noon." With a "what's your problem?" attitude she tells me she'll be here "sometime". I was annoyed and she knew it. She has a sister at home bouncing off the walls who would love to spend time with her and if she had come home earlier she could have helped out with the little ones so DH could have gotten more work done today than he has. He's up to his eyeballs and super stressed. At 14:14 pm she SMSd me to let me know she was finally on the train. OK. That means she'll arrive in Rehovot around 15:40 and I get off work at 16:30. Not enough time for me to leave work, take her home and come back to work. I told her she'd have to wait for me for a while. At which she got all bent out of shape and told me I was driving her crazy!!!!!! I let her have it! I was driving HER crazy?! I gave her a tongue-lashing via multiple SMS messages. She also decided, rightly so, to take a taxi home. So out of this 4-day holiday weekend, I will get to see her for about 5 hours between when I get home and when I go to bed tonight. Does that sound fair to you? She's a good girl but when she spends (too much) time with THEM she turns into someone else that I don't like and it usually takes some time for her to get back on the straight and narrow.

Here are the next set of three YouTube clips by Alison Armstrong where she talks about How Women Think:







No comments:

Post a Comment