Thursday, March 3, 2011

Weekend Countdown

I'm still at work and up to my eyeballs so...... I'm taking a break. How's that for logic?
I was thinking.....how come FB doesn't have a video chat like Skype does? How hard could that be to set up?
Last night was crazy. I was on the go from the minute I left work until 9 pm. DH dropped me off in town with the 2 little ones straight after work. Mom's bday is on Sat., Dad's is the 13th, neice #1's bday is the 11th and neice #2's bday is next month (I mail the gifts together). I wanted to get gifts for mom and the neices and a bday card at the mall for Dad. Then T called me from school saying she wanted to come home a day early so she could go to her Dad's. His wife just had a baby 2 days ago. So I dropped the little ones off at home with DH and raced off to the school to pick her up. On the way back stopped off and brought pizza home for dinner. Got home at 9 pm.
My ex remarried. They had triplets and immediately another one and now this is the 5th. Tehilla wants to help out with the older ones for the weekend. She's AMAZING with little kids. VERY responsible and mature for her age. She was an only child until she was 8 and now she's got siblings coming out her ears.
My weekend starts tonight. Hurrah! So much to do. My house looks like a bomb struck. Must find the energy to get it put back together. I want to get as much done tonight as I can so I can RELAX (yeah right) tomorrow. Decluttering our bedroom is on the agenda as well as coloring my hair and mopping the floors. Overly optimistic? Probably.

Cousin Cherie and I have been flying back and forth with getting to know you emails and pics too. It's freaky how similar we seem to be as far as lifestyle and interests. She's a vegetarian too. Even stricter than me.

Effie is sick. He had a fever last night. He's coughing badly like the rest of the country so he stayed home today. Have to start giving him inhalations. (I think I misspelled that word. It looks funny. O well.) He's SOOO yummy! I didn't know boys could be so cute. I was in such a panic after they told us he was a boy. What the heck does one do with boys? I'd been doing frilly dresses and hair bows and nail polish and dolls for 12 years and then the thought of doing jeans and soccer and toy soldiers....ugh. But it's not so bad. At least, not yet. He is much harder than the girls in that he's much more active, noisy, messy, aggressive, etc. Very naughty too. I tell people having a boy after two girls is like getting a Rottweiler after a miniature poodle.
Weather was perfect today. Warm sun, cool wind. Hope it stays like that through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment