Thursday, March 10, 2011

Winter's back.....

I really don't feel like working today. It's dark and cold and rainy/blowy outside and I woke up with a horrendous headache. It's supposed to be dark and wintery through the weekend with a promise of snow on Mt. Hermon up north and maybe even in Jerusalem!

On Sunday, we bought two pizzas and took them to Mom's house for her birthday. I bought her a pair of sparkly purple earrings which she LOVED!


E has most definitely reached the Terrible Twos. When he is happy and cheerful, he's cuter than a bug's ear but when he's not....LOOK OUT! He smacks, he spits, he screams, "no" seems to be the only word he knows any more. The rest of his vocabulary has gone down the toilet. How do you stop a kid from spitting? We tell him "no" very sternly and he KNOWS he's done something wrong but it doesn't stop him. We are trying to put him in his bed for time out when he does it. I have my doubts whether this will work either.

We only have one car which DH needs because he has to pick E up from gan (daycare) every day at 13:30. DH takes me to work every and picks me up so he can keep the car. Last June, I bought one of those electric scooters to get me the 4 miles to work and back. We have had huge problems with it and each time something goes wrong we have to take it back to the place in Tel Aviv where we bought it = time and cost of gas + major pain in the rear. Now our car is in for repairs and yesterday at 11 am DH had a meeting to go to so he took my scooter. While he was in the meeting it rained so the roads were wet and he had a little accident with it. Got a very nasty scrape on his knee cap and one elbow. When I got home from work he was still holding a gauze bandage to it and applying pressure to it but the bleeding wasn't really stopping. I made him go lie down and put his foot up and stop moving around. In the end I sent him off to the night clinic in a taxi and they put in two stitches and gave him antibiotics and made sure his tentanus shot was up to date (it was). He is in agony and can barely walk. He's taking aspirin as needed for the pain. I will probably leave work a little early to help out with the kids. Meanwhile we still have no car and it's freezing cold and dark and rainy out. How come these catastrophes always happen when we have no car and the weather is miserable??

You know how men think they've got to be in bed if they've got a hangnail? They milk it for all it's worth? Last night, DH kept asking me if he looked pale or if I thought he was shivering. Then he said, "I'm probably in shock." And then his face brightened as he said, "Or MAYBE I'm bleeding internally." I laughed and said, "You'd love that, wouldn't you?" I know. I'm mean. He tells me I'm cold hearted and unempathic.

I am eagerly waiting to Skype my newly found sister on Sunday. I can hardly think of anything else. I get choked up just thinking about finally being able to talk to her and see her after all these years of wondering where she was, if she was alive, what happened to her, what she's like, etc. I am dreaming of how and when I can make another trip so I can meet her in person and her family and give her a big bear hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment