Thursday, March 17, 2011

This and That

I love makeup. I have a friend who is even more into make up than I am - especially eye makeup. Her eyeshadow always looks amazing. We recently went out for coffee and I asked her how she keeps her eyeshadow from creasing. She smiled and said she wished she'd known the secret 10 years ago, then proceeded to tell me about this base coat that she uses on her eyelids before applying shadow. It's called Shadow Insurance by a company called Too Faced. I ordered a travel sized tube of it off of eBay and the stuff is miraculous! Just smear a tiny speck of it over your lid before applying shadow and you're good to go for the whole day.

Just thought I'd share that little tip with you.

E started trying to say his own name this week! Except it comes out as "ow-wee" or "ah-wee". LOL

Sister D and cousins C and M are having coffee together tomorrow morning and I'm jealous that I can't be there to have a fabulous girly time with them. But I hope they all have fun and I look forward to receiving the reports back and, hopefully, lots of pictures.

Anyone who is married knows that men and women speak, think and feel in different ways - sometimes WAAAAY different! I have never seen such a good description/explanation as these by Alison Armstrong:

How Women Speak - Part 1 of 3



How Women Speak - Part 2 of 3


How Women Speak - Part 3 of 3


And on a much more serious side.....I just had the following email arrive to my inbox from our town's internet message board which DH set up:

"After the recent loss suffered by the town Itamar and the Jewish people, two women in Jerusalem started an amazing fundraising project to benefit the three surviving children of the Fogel family. These children have a long road ahead of them toward healing and recovery. Although we may not be able to help them personally with their emotional recovery, this is a small but meaningful way to help them ease the financial burdens that lie ahead. And that's where the people of Rehovot can help!
While we reeled and mourned the heart-wrenching tragedy, many media outlets cited the terrorists as merely "assailants" and we repeatedly hear in the news how settlers are "obstacles to peace." If Rav Udi and Ruth Fogel; if their children Yoav, Elad and 4 month old baby Hadas are "obstacles to peace"; then honor their deaths by saying proudly too, that I am an "obstacle to peace." T-shirts are now being produced with this statement because as one nation standing united, if they were "obstacles to peace" - are we not all as well?
Do the people of Rehovot not feel and share the pain of those in Itamar?
For more information and to place an order please visit http://www.obstacletopeace.com/ or email obstacletopeace@gmail.com.
All profits from T-shirt sales will be donated to the surviving Fogel children. May their memories be a blessing."

I like it - the message, and also the goal of raising money to support the three surviving orphans. I've ordered one of these shirts for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment