Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I REEEEAAAALY Wanted a Pajama Day

Two days ago Y was hit on the head by a large rock that was either thrown or flicked by a boy in her school. She got a nasty bang on the head. No blood or anything but it still hurts her. She said the boy wasn't aiming for her and it wasn't intentional but as soon as she told me, I phoned the teacher who told me the principal had already been informed and was taking it seriously. The next day the teacher told me that the boy had been sent home immediately and was not allowed to come to school yesterday either. She said that they want to make sure that Y knows that it is safe to come to school and that they are there to back her up and protect her and that it has been handled. I was very happy with how the school dealt with it.

Yesterday morning Y woke up saying she didn't feel good. We didn't know if it was as a result of the rock incident so I let her stay home from school and took her to work with me but shortly after arriving at work she started with a high fever so I had DH come pick her up and take her home. The fever is now "low grade" and this morning she woke up saying her throat hurt so I stayed home to take her to the doctor who said she has a "throat infection". What IS that? Strep? Who knows? Whatever. So it's back to antibiotics for her.

E is also coughing his guts out and has a runny nose so he was home today too. No fever though - yet.

I didn't know what to do today about work. On the one hand I really really really need a pajama day at home and curling up on the couch with Y and watching movies all day and being able to get a nap in at some point sounded like heaven but the thought of being at work where what I do STAYS DONE and not having to look at my messy house sounded attractive as well. In the end, I came in to work late (11:30), got some bits and pieces done and now I have nothing to do. I'm bored, itching to get out of here and watching the clock until 4:30 goes "ding" and I can leave.

I really really really want to get to bed early tonight. Yeah. Yeah. I say that every night and it rarely happens. But tomorrow night I'm going to Mom's and Thursday night we're invited to DH's m'chatanim (sp? - transl: his daughter's inlaws) in Jerusalem for dinner so that will be another late night.

The last two nights we have had a terrible time getting E to go to sleep. He comes home from gan and naps for no more than an hour every day and we still can't get him to sleep before 9 pm. Note to self: Must not let him sleep at all in the afternoons!

We downloaded the movie The King's Speech and we watched it last night. Wow! Highly recommended.

I read on the news yesterday that doctors can now prescribe Ritalin to anyone who wants it: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4025013,00.html. As my DD14 has very recently started taking it, this article caught my attention. I think that sounds very very dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment