Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Lot Going On

Last week, Y's school had a party, the theme of which was Traffic Safety. They had a model building competition which I only found out about 2 days before therefore I didn't really have time to help Y make anything (I'm reaaaaally bad at that kind of thing anyway). She was disappointed but I told her next competition they have we will make something. There were a LOT of models, quite a few VERY ingenious ones. It was fun walking around looking at all of them and voting on the one we liked the best.

After that there was a GORGEOUS dairy buffet dinner in Y's classroom. Take a look at how beautifully the table was laid out:


And here's Y gobbling up her chocolate pudding:



And here's Y's best friend and deskmate from school, Neta (on the right):




After the dinner, there was an arts and crafts project having to do with traffic safety. Here is Y working on hers:


It was a really nice evening.

Y has an electronics class. Yes, in FIRST GRADE! I think it's fantastic and I'm jealous. I wish I'd had an electronics class when I was her age. Until now, everything they've been learning has been work pages and text book stuff at first grade level. For example, learning to identify the various parts of a light bulb, etc. Then last week she brought home her first electronics project - a night light. I think it's brilliant! Take a look, front view:



The light shines through the star and moon cut outs. And now the back view:


Adorable! I told Y that I hope now that she understands why it's important to learn this stuff - i.e. so she can understand how things work and make things.

Ever heard of muddy rain? Well, we get a LOT of that over here. It occurs when there's a sandstorm and rain storm at the same time and the result is all of the cars are covered in a thick layer of huge brown mud splotches after the raindrops evaporate. It looks like this:


Big EWWW.

On another note, my friend, A, from NJ is here visiting with her family. Me and E met her at the mall on Friday and she handed over some stuff I'd asked her to bring. I now have quite a nice little stash of Baco Bits. O happy day!




A and her dauther from Ethiopia, Nessa, and my E
 My boychik LOVES to take a bath. Saturday night he was getting ferfruntzled about something so I asked him if he wanted a bath. He was instantly all smiles and he.....vanished....so fast. After a second I said, "Where's E?" We all went looking for him to find him standing fully dress in the empty bathtub but spraying the lower half of his body with the shower head.



He thought it was funny. Me? Mmmm. Not so much. Well....maybe a little :-).




No comments:

Post a Comment