Monday, December 5, 2011

A Little Humor

I'll never forget the time when E was a baby. I had him in the front seat of the car in his carseat. I went to put gas in the car. There were two female Ethiopian gas station attendants there that day - both blacker than black. I rolled down the window to talk to the first one, tell her how much to put in the tank and at the end, pay her. While the gas was being pumped, she was cooing and talking to baby E. He was NOT responsive to her so she laughingly said something to her friend - the other attendant - about how deadpan his expression was so the 2nd attendant said to mine, "It's because you're black. He's not used to it." (As if she wasn't black??) My initial reaction was shock at how un-PC her statement was but then I saw the funny side and was cracking up the whole way home. Ay-yi-yi-yi! Only in Israel............

No comments:

Post a Comment