Tuesday, December 6, 2011

ONE good thing.......

Yesterday was NOT fun.

A water pipe burst in DH's mom's apartment in Netanya (an hour north of us). He dropped me off at work in the morning and drove straight off to his Mom's to handle the insurance company and repairs, etc. He wasn't back in time to meet Y when her school bus drops her off at home so I had to tell them at work that I needed to leave 2 hours early and I explained the situation. They're great about these kinds of things. Had to take a taxi home, collect Y from the bus, get the stroller and then she and I walked to the other side of Rehovot (1/2 an hour walk) to pick up Efrom gan when he finished at 4 pm. From there we had about another 1/2 hour walk into the center of town. I had some errands I needed to do including looking for some jewelry supplies which no one's ever heard of or seen. DH left his Mom's around 3:30 and came back on the "fast" road but there was a car accident and it ended up taking him THREE FREAKIN' HOURS to get home! Annoying. But whatever.

So we all arrive home around 6:30-7 and I go and put E to play in the bath and then to help Y with her homework. While I'm doing that, Ef starts bailing out but by the time T noticed anything was wrong, the whole bathroom/laundry room/hallway area was standing in about 2 inches of water!!!!! ARRRRGGGGHHH! DH had to stop the urgent translation work he was doing and help me squeegee the water down the drainage hole in the bathroom floor which took quite a while. The water had also JUST started to creep around the corner of the hall into the entry way where we have 3 identical IKEA bookshelves which we just bought in the summer and you know those aren't great quality. So DH also had to unload the books off one of the bookshelves, dismantle it and flip it over to see how much water had gone under the bookshelf and to let it dry so it wouldn't get water damage. Luckily I think we caught it just in time. It was only slightly wet. OMG. What a circus last night was! I didn't sit down I think until 10 pm or so and after all that walking.....my feet HURT!
Then today DH had to go back to Netanya because the plumbing work isn't done and who knows when he'll be back today. Today is Y's short day in school. She gets home at 1 pm but I was able to arrange for her to go home with a friend from her class. I will still need to leave work early today to get E at 4 but not as early as yesterday. I really don't like using my vacation days like this.

Just about the only good thing that happened last night (depending on who you ask) is that while the kids and I were in town I bought a new pair of high black boots that I just LOVE.


Y was home sick on Sunday and went back to school yesterday but she got confused and packed her schoolbooks for the Sunday schedule rather than the Monday schedule. Then last night when we were doing all that walking around town, a certain spot on her ankle kept itching her and she kept stopping to scratch it. At one point she burts out with, "Oooooof! I'm not having a good day! First I packed the wrong books for school and now I'm itching!" She cracked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment