Sunday, December 11, 2011

Venting

I am going to murder a certain 15-year-old in our house!

First of all, she decided she MUST have her teeth cleaned TODAY because tonight she has a birthday party to go to and she wants to look good. I'm already frowning at her order of priorities because this means she will have to leave school for the cleaning appointment in the middle of her day/class. She does need to go but NOW? TODAY? DURING SCHOOL HOURS? I checked it with DH and he said he could pick her up, take her to her appointment and then back to school. So I agreed to her getting her teeth cleaned but I told her she had to be at school the rest of the day. She said ok. This was on Friday.
Then she goes off to her Dad's for the weekend. I SMSd her last night to see when she's coming back. She tells me this morning. Why not last night? Shabbat finishes now at 5:15 so she has 4-5 hours to get home by train at her leisure. She says her dad doesn't want her coming back Saturday night because he doesn't want her travelling alone in the dark. Please. The stations are all well-lighted as are the trains. And she looks much older than she is.  But whatever. I wasn't happy that she didn't come home last night either because I know how these scenarios with them go but I let it slide.

So this morning at 7:50 as DH is driving me to work I call her up to see when she's arriving in Rehovot and she tells me she's just leaving his house to go to the station on his end! How come she didn't get up early and catch the first train at 6:55?????

I LOST IT with her on the phone and let her have it with both barrels! Meltdown. Sunday morning. On my way to work. Like I need this!

It's not the first time she's done this. She knows as soon as she's at her Dad's that there's not much I can do about it and that she has her Dad's backing. She said, "So what? Abba will write me a note for the teacher." I said, "I don't care if he writes you a thousand notes. You heard your teacher in the P/T meeting this week: 'A responsible person has to be in his/her place ON TIME.' " But no. Goes in one ear and out the other with her. She acts like she's on vacation. I've had it. Not only that, she expects DH to pick her up from the train, take her to school, then pick her up again and take her to the tooth appointment, then back to school! I told her, "DH is not your personal driver. You cannot do what you want without thinking how this will affect other peoples' day. You cannot use being at Abba's AND your tooth appointment to miss half a day of school." She said, "My teacher will understand and give me permission." I said, "You haven't even spoken to her yet about any of this yet! You cannot just do what you want and then come to your teacher after it's a done deal and expect her to give you permission retroactively. It doesn't work like that."
DH needs to take the car in for repairs and today is the best day this week for him to do it. In the end I told him not to wait around for T to turn up. She will get to Rehovot, there will be no car and she will have to figure out by herself the rest of her day. It's mean, but I just don't know how else to get through to her and wake her up. She will probably be so annoyed that she won't even go to school at all today.

I spoke to her teacher and asked her to speak to T and maybe even T's father.

I am so fed up with her Dad backing her in these situations! Why does he think her missing school is ok?
Why do I need to start my week with all this aggravation???????

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. This makes me feel that the little years are actually the easy part!!

    ReplyDelete